Friday, February 26, 2010

What a week...

Hey everyone,
I don't know if it is just me, but has your week been busy? The world we live in is a fast paced, over-achieving, immediate gratification, find you anywhere society where we must run until we can't run anymore. Then, go to sleep, and get up and do it all over again.

With so many things to do, I tend to forget that I'm just a human "being", not a human "doing". If I allow the world to dictate my schedule, then most assuredly I will forget to spend time with God. Even attempts to set a specific time to read the Word and pray get interrupted by meetings, phone calls and unexpected errands.

But... aren't those really just excuses? We always clear our schedule to watch our favorite TV shows, sports, shopping, etc... the things we really want to do. Those things we enjoy doing. When did we stop enjoying God's Word? Prayer? Are we so self-centered these days that we forget who it was that has granted us the very breath in our lungs?

Psalm 63:1-5

1 O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
5 You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.

Make this your prayer for the next week and see what the Lord does in your life. Amen.

Serving Him,
Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment