Monday, March 22, 2010

How do you feel about that?

Have you ever been at a place in your life or ministry where you had an issue that needed to be fixed? I was at that place recently. I, like many men, shared my thoughts and concerns with my wife. I even told her how we could fix the issue. But, my wife looked at me and said, " You just can't do that. You have to take their feelings into account." This set me off like a rocket ship. We needed to fix this problem ASAP! This is how it needs to be fixed and they will just have to get over it!! It's the right thing to do!!!

Why does doing the right thing have to depend on everyones FEELINGS? Isn't the right thing just the right thing? If God asks me to do something and I don't FEEL it is the right thing, do I have to do it? Ask Jonah. Is a sin a sin if I don't FEEL convicted of it? YES. Am I saying that we should tear someone apart? NO. Are feelings wrong? NO. But should we live our lives by them? NO. So why do we let our feelings control our lives?

The Bible says this:

15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. 16 He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. Eph 4:15,16

It's speaking the truth in love. And that means not hurting anyone, just saying that it is what it is and moving on/making changes. Unless we are just being destructive, most people will understand we are only making the body of Christ stronger and better. They may not agree with you, but that's okay too.

Well, that's my two cents worth. Many blessings to you and yours!

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment