Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Okay everybody,

Here it is. My new blog. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, so bear with me. I am hoping to use this to share about what the Lord is speaking to my heart. I'm no great writer, but I will do my best to keep you all interested.

In our staff study time, we have been reading a book by Mark Rutland entitled, "Character Matters: Nine Essential Traits You Need to Succeed". I highly recommend it. It isn't just your typical book about ministry, but applicable to everyone and everything that we do. Most times, it is eye opening to some of the things that I do that I'm unaware of. We've discussed what real courage is, what loyalty really looks like, diligence in all that we do, modesty in our appearances, frugality and what it means, honesty and meekness (power under control). We are looking at reverence this week and true gratitude next week.

Hopefully God is shaping you everyday into a person of great character. Someone who people look at and trust and believe that you are who you say you are, even when they can only hear your actions. Paul told the church in Corinth, "Bad company corrupts good character." 1 Cor. 15:33 Which one are you? The bad company? Or the one with good character?

Later,
PB

No comments:

Post a Comment